Thursday, February 3, 2011

Yarny Stuff

I just couldn't resist trying to get a good picture of a few of my latest yarny projects! OH!! I miss my camera! My sweet son is letting me use his until I am able to replace mine but it just doesn't take pics like mine did. However! I just had to try. :) I've started a blanket for my couch. No money to replace the couch...sad - but comfy :) - old couch needs a face lift. So, I decided to make a bright colorful cover for it. We'll see how long it takes me but at least it's a start! I want to re-decorate my living room and figured it has to start somewhere....baby steps! haha!
I got the idea for this blanket from a lovely blog I found by accident....Lucy calls this a Granny Stripe. I love it! http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/ And I love her blog....such bright pretty colors! It's inspiring and helps me to see what I'd like to make things look like around here. Oh, to have my hard wood floors back...miss those, too. We shall see what sort of color changes I am able to make around here this year! Exciting!

I'm also working on a scarf for Valentine's Day. It is so sweet and has the illusion of little bitty hearts in it's spaces.
Hope y'all stay cozy on this chilly February day!

No comments:

Post a Comment