Friday, May 13, 2011

Thankful Thought

I truly was on here yesterday...all ready to post my Thankful Thought for Thursday....but I couldn't get on. Said Blogger was down or some such thing. Bummer.
Oh well! My thankful thought for yesterday can just as well go here before the Fun Friday post! LOL :) Learning to take the time to think about what one is thankful for is such a good thing to do. At times in my life I have thought, "But I am a thankful person" and then tried to make a list of things I am thankful for. Other than all the obvious things that is....i.e.food, water, shelter,etc.. You might be surprised at the work it takes sometimes to really focus on being thankful - especially during those "dry" spells in life. However, I have found that practicing thankfulness makes life so much better! :) So, my thankful thought for yesterday was for the nice cooler temps that are pushing through North Texas right now. I grew up in Colorado so the early summer/heat jump here is pretty hard on me....physically and emotionally. I like being outside! But not when it is swelteringly hot! We had jumped into the 90s here already and then rain came - another thing to be thankful for this year! - and it got very muggy...89% humidity - probably more I just didn't look again after that! HA! Anyway, after the rain the cool temps and breezes came back. It has dropped back down into the 50s at night and the 60/70s during the day. I sat, this morning, in my comfy chair by the window, enjoyed the breeze, the birds' songs my coffee and Bible. What a great start to the day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment