Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Catch Up

Well, how are all y'all doing this summer?!?! Staying cool? HA! Not in our "neck of the woods"! It's been 106+ degrees here....hot, hot, hot! We have a big back yard - that my boys are not enjoying mowing right now! - but no one wants to play in it these day...not even on the trampoline! SO - we got a mini pool. Not one of those little kid plastic ones - my kids wouldn't even fit anymore! This one is about 10' by 30" or something like that. All 5 of my little peeps can play at once with enough room to not clobber each other! We've had it 3 days now and they've every one of those days out in it! Lovely! Even I've been out in it a couple time - so refreshing to get into some water during the heat.
On the crafting side of things.... :) ...it's been a bit slow around here. Trying to get odds and ends finished up, some gifts made for weddings, birthdays,etc...Summer isn't as conducive to my types of crafting, at least for me. Plus the kids are not on a regular chores/school schedule so....the crafts can wait - or squeeze in between, if possible! This time with my kids is going all too quickly anyways and I know there will be days ahead that I will have more than enough time to do other things!  Hope your summer is full and rewarding. God bless!

1 comment:

  1. I guess the heat is on a lot of people's minds. We live in Illinois and have had a few of over 100 degree days. Nothing is growing in the yards around here because there has not been any rain for a while. I am hearing some people asking if God is mad at someone around here. It is odd how often so many do not seek God in the good times. We are blessed to have air conditioners but even with those we cannot get the indoor temperatures below 80 by the units and below 90 away from them. But there is no humidity and that helps. As far as crafting goes we too have slowed down in this heat. May the Lord bless your summer with the "peeps".
    Mrs. J.

    ReplyDelete